Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lucky Duck - Cabernet Sauvignon

OK, so I could not resist this when I saw it at Walmart. Yes, people. Here you can buy wine at "the Walmarts". Hallelujah! (Just for the record, I don't really call it that but I know some people who do.) Anyway, I was of course shopping with both little ones in tow and that always makes me throw crazy stuff in the shopping cart. This bottle of wine was on the end cap and had an interesting label (I am a sucker for cute labels, what can I say). Even more interesting was the price. I am embarrassed to tell how much this wine cost. Ok, ok. A whopping $3.97. I know what you're thinking. Can't taste good, right? Surprise! It DID! I was thinking this was going to be the "Boone's Farm" wine cooler type stuff but really it is pretty good red. We had it with a very (AHEM) gourmet meal of fish sticks, sweet potato fries and frozen peas. Why is it I always seem to drink good wine with a not so gourmet meal? But I digress...this wine was good stuff folks. Not too sweet and wine cooler-y, not too much oak. I am pleasantly surprised.

Label notes:

Lucky Duck - Cabernet Sauvignon - Chile
Lucky you! We searched the gobe to create a collection of authentic,
great tasting international wines, with layers of flavor. Rich cherry and
fruity blackberry notes. Enjoy Lucky Duck alone or paired with red meats
or pasta.



We did a side by side comparison with another bottle of red wine I had left from using up the Christmas gift card from Christmas (see the Grey Ghost post). That was a fun experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment